Seasonal Operations Manager
The Operations Manager runs all aspects of trip operations, including managing seasonal guides and drivers, maintaining a repairing equipment, vehicles, trailers, equipment shop and facility. The Ops Manager is in charge of scheduling resources to manage multiple day trips and multi-day trips departing daily. This person should have experience in the operations of a whitewater rafting or adventure travel company.
- Basic computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel and quick learning skills to learn other computer applications
- Clean driving record
- Handy; possess general vehicle maintenance knowledge
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Focused & Driven
- Hard working for long hours during the busiest and hottest of summer days
- Able to live in a small community in a remote area
- Good human relations skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Previous experience with outfitter, cooking knowledge including meal prep and planning and as always a CDL is huge a plus
- Manage and evaluate guides, drivers, and any part-time shop employees.
- Ensure high quality trips.
- Repair, maintain, and organize rafting, camping, and shop equipment and gear.
- Operate within budget guidelines.
- Purchase and manage trip gear and plan its distribution among many coinciding trips during the course of the summer.
- Schedule all vehicle shuttles and drivers and maintain vehicles.
- Supervise guide packing and clean-up.
- Participate in training guides to plan, pack, use, and clean-up trip food and gear.
- Manage partnerships & professional relations with other outfitters.
Compensation: Salary will depend on experience, housing and several job perks
Work Locations: 1. Maupin, Oregon 2. Estacada, Oregon
Season Duration: Mid-May through Mid-September
Resume, cover letter, all contact information, 3 work related references and 3 non-work related references and a photo of yourself doing your favorite outdoor activity. Regular mail or fax is the preferred method of receiving resumes!
PO Box 40
Maupin, OR. 97037